- As I type this National Coalition For Men (NCFM) and California Men’s Center members are in Los Angeles attending and testifying before the Elkin’s Family Law Task Force setup to review problems within the family court system. The Task Force is apparently releasing information garnered from focus groups as well. I earlier talked about this task force in the Capitol Weekly article “Pain of divorce: Where money is placed above fairness.“
- Other NCFM members are today at the LA Board of Supervisors with activists from Disclosure Watch, Fathers4Justices and representatives from other groups serving a copy of the criminal complaint filed with the US Attorney General’s office. The complaint stems from Los Angeles County’s practice of paying extraordinary and substantial benefits, $46,000 worth, to each County Judge in addition to salaries proscribed by the Legislature. Subsequently, in the case Stergeon v County of Los Angles the California Court of Appeal Forth Judicial District found such benefits were illegal. It was strongly suggested by reform advocates that the extraordinary benefits constitute payoffs, since it appears no judge has ruled against the County subsequent to receiving the benefits. The court’s ruling and appearance of payoffs caused chaos to the extent that on February 20, 2009 the California Legislature chaptered Senate Bill X2-11 which protects the judges and any other officials from sanctions, in effect granting all involved in the scheme immunity; consequently, the filing of the complaint in the US Attorney General’s office where the new immunity may not supersede federal law.
- “Women’s Groups Hit Hard by Madoff Scheme. Interesting aside from the millions lost to radical feminist groups is the listing of foundations which support the destruction of men in general and traditional families, meaning any family with a heterosexual father. But with Palosi, Hillary, and Mr. Babble Biden watching the helm $325M more will funnel back through the economic stimulus package. Maybe it’s a draw.
- Two women charged with making false rape claims released pending a hearing. They’ll be fined $1.00 and given probation for three days.
- God works in mysterious ways, cop finds father. Unbelievable and heart warming. Ron H. who sent this our way asked, “Why isn’t it a crime to do what was done to these two.”
- “Women, Learn The Secrets That Guarantee You a Successful Divorce Without Reducing Your Lifestyle, Without Subjecting Your Children to Emotional Trauma, While Securing Your Financial Future and Making Your Husband Pay For ALL The Costs! (Even Your Attorney Fees…)” It’s all about the best interests of kids, right?
- “You Still Don’t Understand,” a new book by Richard Driscoll, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist. Dr. Driscoll says, “…we are innately chivalrous and it is human nature to support and protect women and to hold men accountable. So arguments that men are being treated unfairly often fail, as sympathies go naturally with women and against men.” That’s exactly right which makes men their own worse enemy. Take a look at his enlightening website: http://theoppositesex.info/ While there take the “Gender Quiz”…
- Thank you Melody for the cute panda pictures…err, I added a little something to this one…
- Helping delinquent dads, Missouri legislator sees economic downturn consequences that turns hardworking non custodial Dads into criminals, has the courage to say it’s wrong. Unfortunately, he offers up traditional programs as a solution rather than addressing the cause of the problem, which is not the economic downturn but laws that allow mothers and courts to indenture fathers while denying them relationships with their children; and, supporting the victims of paternity fraud rather than sanctioning the criminals, that is mothers who lie with no concern about ruining a man’s life. Send Senator Jeff Smith a thank you note. I sent him this,
“Senator Smith, I just wanted to thank you for recognizing the problem of unemployed non custodial parents due to our economic slump. These otherwise good people should not be criminalized for being laid off, which is an absurd proposition. However, the current economic slump simply brings to our attention the reasons such a situation exists. Which is that primarily disgruntled mothers, our legislatures, and courts are complicit in extricating fathers from families and turned into cash cows. I encourage you to look toward reforms that facilitate children having roughly equal access to both parents and legislation that ensures women who commit paternity fraud go to prison like fathers who through no fault of their own go to prison for failure to pay child support.”
- Then there are states like straggler Wyoming that are so far behind the curve the legislature is apparently still trying to figure out if dried cow pies burn, wheels roll, and barbeque is not for grilling non custodial parents.
- Rapper Luther Campbell thrown in jail for failure to pay attorney fees. Looks like it’s linked to a child support dispute. He pays the child support, not the shyster, and still goes to debtor prison, the later of which doesn’t exist in the United States. Must be a bad dream.
- The number of domestic violence incidents doesn’t seem to be on the rise in Santa Clare County, California, though the need for victim services has become “more intense” says the article. More women are using the region’s domestic violence shelter for the maximum stay of 45 days until they find long-term housing arrangements then move to one of the other four shelters in the county, I guess for another 45 day stay, and so on. Each time a woman moves it’s a good bet they are recorded as a domestic violence victim thereby inflating county numbers. The county said the shelters served 600 last year but a question never asked is how many of those 600 are repeats? Flores, the shelter mucky-muck, said so far this fiscal year the facility has been at full capacity about 90 percent of the time, while last year it was full about 70 percent of the time. Hmm… 20% more, longer stays, and shelter bouncing. Flores, “We saw that as positive because it means people are actually calling law enforcement, and they feel safe enough to call and request services.” Translated, more women are filing false domestic violence reports to get free housing, they call the police because they know if they scream abuse they can get a free ride, many of these women were already homeless, their homelessness has little or nothing to do with current scenarios involving domestic violence, they don’t belong in a domestic violence shelter and should be at the Salvation Army, some man got screwed to accomodate the system’s need to have a perpetrator to justify services to a victim. Nah, that sounds surrealistic if not Orwelian….hmm.
Leave a comment please. Let us know you are out there and have something to say.
If you are not a member of the National Coalition For Men (NCFM) click on this line and learn how to join the oldest and most active organization in America dedicated to the removal of harmful sex based stereotypes and discrimination against men, their children, families, and the women who love them.